KanbanSim and ScrumSim Version 1.9.0 (new 30 Sep 2015)
KanbanSim and ScrumSim v1.9 (click this link to download the application and examples)
(unzip into a folder, NO install necessary)
Included License: Essential level always free, other simulation types at Professional level until Jan 1st 2016 then Essential.
Package includes 40 documented Kanban examples and Scrum examples demonstrate how to model all types of agile software development problems and various presentations and articles as reference.
This software doesn’t require ‘installation’ onto a machine, but the supplied .zip file needs to be extracted locally to run. follow these instructions –
1. KanbanSim and ScrumSim v1.9 (click this link to download the application and examples)
2. Unzip the file onto your machine (locate the compressed file, right-click on it and choose “Extract All” and follow the wizard instructions.
3. To run, double-click on the FocusedObjective.KanbanSimAndScrumSim.exe file
4. Accept the EULA (only the first time)
5. See the “Resources” ribbon tab for Getting Started instructions.
PRE-REQUISITE – .NET 4 Framework from Microsoft – Often this will already be installed (you will know if step 3 works), but if this software fails to run, this is the most common cause. Follow the instructions here to obtain and install the necessary files for your system –
Note: By downloading and using this software you are agreeing to our End-User License Agreement.
NOTE: If you are trying to follow along with our book on modeling and simulation, please accept our apologies for our software moving faster than book reprints. We will offer all purchasers of our book from last year FREE copies of our new book, which will be electronic in Kindle format from this time forward to avoid becoming stale content. Please contact our support staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for information on getting the latest edition or help in understanding the new simulation application.
- Double clicking on an error jumps to that line in the source editor
- Code completion documentation – ctrl+space within the source editor shows available elements and attributes and documents their usage. First pass. Known issues around duplication of tags, but we thought this was better than no tags at all
- New visual result output options: generatePositionData (true|false) and positionDataFilename (file name and path) attributes for Simulation-Execute-Visual element. This returns all card positions for each simulation interval.
- New charts with more interactive features and better clarity of axis labeling.
- New Interactive experiment window to control parameter values and see impact on cost, time and delivery date.
- Some validation defects found where 0% wasn’t a valid percentage for skipPercentages. It is, it allows the interactive experiments to be zero.